- » Eleuthera News
- » National News
- » Features
- Weather (LOCAL & Tropics)
- « Back
- « Back
- « Back
- « Back
- Accu Weather
- « Back
FOUND - 16 BRIDES FOR 16 ISLAND WEDDINGS - IN THE BAHAMAS
ELEUTHERA will host Jill Barthram and Phillip Jones from London; HARBOUR ISLAND - Laura James and Richard Baker from Whiteley, Fareham
Sixteen couples from around the UK are enjoying the very best start to 2012 knowing that their dreams are about to become reality. Each couple has won their own special wedding ceremony on one of 16 different Islands of The Bahamas and all will marry simultaneously on 16th May 2012, at 16:00 hrs.
All over the UK, brides-and-grooms-to-be uploaded their snapshots and videos to tell why they wished to win a free island wedding in The Bahamas. They had to choose between 16 different islands and wedding styles, from barefoot-on-the-beach ceremonies to marrying on the ocean floor with dolphins in attendance. A backdrop of an iconic candy-striped lighthouse or the regal elegance of 14th century cloisters. Whether opting for the accompaniment of boisterous music and colourful Junkanoo costumes or the soft tinkling of seashell wind-chimes, every island offers a special opportunity for their truly unforgettable ‘big-day’.
Victoria Pendleton, British Olympic cycling champion, assisted The Islands of The Bahamas with developing a pre-wedding cycling workout that drew thousands of online viewers to The Bahamas' uk website. Ms. Pendleton is pictured with 16 brides-to-be.
The public cast thousands of votes for the 255 entries and the judging panel has made its final selection to enable us to announce the winners. The sixteen couples to win a luxury wedding on 16 Islands of The Bahamas, each with a different theme and including a designer dress, rings and wedding ceremony, are:
- THE ABACOS Carla Nevill and Daniel Coote from Baldock, Hertfordshire
- ACKLINS Louise Murfin and Steven Bennett from Ferndale, Huddersfield
- ANDROS Helen Hewett and Jonathan Briley from Tuffnell Park, London
- THE BERRY ISLANDS Jade Chin and Mikhail Tokarczyk from Kentish Town, London
- BIMINI Lindsay McAloon and Charles Price from Bath
- CAT ISLAND Joanna Wicenciak and Peter Dennis from Scunthorpe
- CROOKED ISLAND Felicity Carpenter and Andrew Webb from Amesbury, Wiltshire
- ELEUTHERA Jill Barthram and Phillip Jones from London
- THE EXUMAS Grazina Zaveckaite and Ruslanas Nekipelovas from Edinburgh
- GRAND BAHAMA ISLAND Mary Gleeson and James Potter from Dover
- HARBOUR ISLAND Laura James and Richard Baker from Whiteley, Fareham
- LONG ISLAND Sarah Wassall and Colin Beechey from Blackpool
- NASSAU Claire Gordon and Jason Harris from Rhyl, North Wales
- MAYAGUANA Claire Wilcox and James Williams from York
- PARADISE ISLAND Adele Freeman and John Applin from Balby, Doncaster
- SAN SALVADOR Teresa Maria Gilarranz Pena and Tarik Demnati from London
All 16 lucky couples will fly out to The Bahamas in May and take two wedding guests with them as witnesses. Nassau, Paradise Island and Grand Bahama Island, Eleuthera, The Abacos and Harbour Island are probably the best known from the 16 islands but the amazing offer includes the islands of Andros, Cat Island, Bimini, The Berry Islands and Long Island plus, further south, The Exumas, San Salvador, Mayaguana, Acklins and Crooked Island.
As well as a personally tailored Bahamian island ceremony, each bride can choose any designer wedding dress from the Tia range by Benjamin Roberts plus wedding rings up to the value of £500 courtesy of Goldsmiths. See the full details of the island wedding each couple has won on bahamas16weddings.co.uk
As well as the two special wedding guests each couple can take with them as part of their prize, family and friends can also book special packages through Kuoni to join their lucky couple.